We treat a variety of problems including mood and anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress, marriage and couples issues, occupational stress, and more. We specialize in serving:
- First Responders
- First Responders are the heroes who keep our communities safe. They include police officers,firefighters, EMS/Paramedics, andother emergency personnel workers. As a result of the high levels of stress they encounter, First Responders can experience a broad range of mental health consequences. At the Milestone Group, we provide specialized services to improve the mental well being of these brave people who put their lives on the line every day.
- Victims of sexual and physical abuse
- For victims of physical and sexual abuse, the suffering doesn’t always end when the abuse stops. Low self-esteem, flashbacks, nightmares, avoiding certain places and things, and other problems can continue months, even years later. The good news is that no matter how extensive or long-ago your abuse occurred, you can recover. There are many empirically supported techniques, such as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) that are very effective in reducing or eliminating post-traumatic symptoms.
- Active and retired military
- Veterans and active members of the military are the heroes who keep our nation safe. They routinely place themselves in the path of danger rather than run from it. Understandably, incidences of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as well as lesser forms of stress, occur more frequently among these brave men and women. They are also very treatable with techniques such as flooding, systematic desensitization, and EMDR
- Couples and Families
- Stressors such as finances, work-life balance, childcare, extended family issues, and others are challenges faced by many couples and families. Often, how members communicate with one another can mean the difference between having a calm discussion or serious argument. Tools such as I Statements, Active Listening and Empathetic Feedback can help, along with Cognitive-Behavioral, Family Systems, Solution-Focused and other proven therapeutic interventions.
- Many people struggle with depression, anxiety, grief and loss, job stress, and other life issues. These problems may seem daunting, but relief is available! Talk therapy can help you acquire new insights, skills and tools that can enable you to more effectively manage mood and stress. Our approach is client-centered, goal-directed and results-oriented. So why suffer?
All sessions are conducted and supervised by a fully licensed, experienced clinician.