Counseling and Psychotherapy
We treat a variety of problems including mood and anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress, marriage and couples issues, occupational stress, and more. We specialize in serving:
- Victims of sexual and physical abuse
- For victims of physical and sexual abuse, the suffering doesn’t always end when the abuse stops. Low self-esteem, flashbacks, nightmares, avoiding certain places and things, and other problems can continue months, even years later. The good news is that no matter how extensive or long-ago your abuse occurred, you can recover. There are many empirically supported techniques, such as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) that are very effective in reducing or eliminating post-traumatic symptoms.
- Active and retired military
- Veterans and active members of the military are the heroes who keep our nation safe. They routinely place themselves in the path of danger rather than run from it. Understandably, incidences of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as well as lesser forms of stress, occur more frequently among these brave men and women. They are also very treatable with techniques such as flooding, systematic desensitization, and EMDR
- First Responders
- First responders are the heroes who keep our communities safe. They include police officers, firefighters, EMS/Paramedics, and other emergency personnel workers. As a result of the high levels of stress they encounter, first responders can experience a broad range of mental health consequences. At the Milestone Group, we provide specialized services to improve the mental well being of these brave people who protect our nation’s well being.
- Employees who report wrongdoing in the workplace—known commonly as “whistleblowers”—often suffer harassment from their employers as a consequence of their speaking out. Many are forced to quit or are fired. Recent research has shown that victims of this type of abuse can develop PTSD symptoms. Fortunately, treatment for this condition is both available and effective.
All sessions are conducted and supervised by a fully licensed, experienced clinician.